Monhly quick check
What to do as NFPA 10 2007 edition
18.104.22.168* Fire extinguishers shall be manually inspected when initially placed in service.
22.214.171.124 Fire extinguishers shall be inspected either manually or by means of an electronic monitoring device/system at a minimum of 30-day intervals.
126.96.36.199.1 Where electronic monitoring is used and the specific extinguisher cannot be verified electronically, the extinguisher shall be continuously monitored for location.
188.8.131.52* Fire extinguishers shall be inspected at more frequent intervals when circumstances require.
7.2.2* Procedures. Periodic inspection or electronic monitoring of fire extinguishers shall include a check of at least the following items:
(1) Location in designated place
(2) No obstruction to access or visibility
(3) Pressure gauge reading or indicator in the operable range or position
(4) Fullness determined by weighing or hefting for self-expelling-type extinguishers, cartridge-operated extinguishers, and pump tanks
(5) Condition of tires, wheels, carriage, hose, and nozzle for wheeled extinguishers
(6) Indicator for nonrechargeable extinguishers using push-to-test pressure indicators
184.108.40.206 In addition to 7.2.2, fire extinguishers shall be visually inspected in accordance with 220.127.116.11 if they are located where any of the following conditions exist:
(1) High frequency of fires in the past
(2) Severe hazards
(3) Locations that make fire extinguishers susceptible to mechanical injury or physical damage
(4) Exposure to abnormal temperatures or corrosive atmospheres
18.104.22.168 Where required by 22.214.171.124, the following inspection procedures shall be in addition to those addressed in 7.2.2:
(1) Operating instructions on nameplates are legible and face outward
(2) Safety seals and tamper indicators are broken or missing
(3) Examination for obvious physical damage, corrosion, leakage, or clogged nozzle
7.2.3 Corrective Action. When an inspection of any fire extinguisher reveals a deficiency in any of the conditions listed in 7.2.2, immediate corrective action shall be taken.
126.96.36.199 Rechargeable Fire Extinguishers. When an inspection of any rechargeable fire extinguisher reveals a deficiency in any of the conditions listed in 7.2.2(3) or 7.2.2(4), it shall be subjected to applicable maintenance procedures.